So I'm at this point in life where I feel like I need to go back to school. I graduated in 2008 from SAIT (Southern Alberta Institute of Technology) with a diploma in New Media Production and Design and a 3.8 GPA. To be honest, it was kind of a joke program (some of it, not all) and I kind of took it as a joke. I mean, I definitely grew as a designer but I don't think I used my full potential. Which is why I'm looking at going back to school to get a full degree and become more hireable in today's workforce.
...Or maybe just prolong "real life"??? It also brings up the issue of location. I would love to stay in Vancouver, so I'm thinking Emily Carr and Cap U's IDEA program. I also think moving back to Calgary might be an idea, so ACAD is in the bag (plus it's an EXCELLENT art school). The idea of moving far away (again) appeals to me too, so I'm thinking Yorks design program as well. $200 in application fees later…
One step at a time, I guess.

No comments:
Post a Comment