Kawah Ijen hike into the crater.
After climbing 3.5 km uphill we decided to climb another kilometre down to the sulphur lake. Guided by a local worker we carefully made our way down the sketchiest rock face into the depths of the volcanic crater. Wildly beautiful, what really affected me was watching all the locals who worked there: carrying 90 kilo baskets of sulphur up out of the crater and then down the mountain for less than $6 a load.
Sunrise at Mt. Bromo with Mt. Semeru in the background and Mt. Batok in the front.
I've seen a lot of sunsets, but I can count the sunrises I've seen on my hands.
I know, I went a little toycam effect happy ;) Seeing as it was just American Thanksgiving, I thought I would share what I did over MY Thanksgiving. Seeing as I was in Indonesia and wasn't getting a turkey, I bagged 2 volcanoes over the weekend instead. I am so thankful for that amazing things I got to see and do that weekend. Even after spending 2 months in the beautiful country that is Indonesia, these were my favourite experiences and most moving moments.


No comments:
Post a Comment